Saturday, February 21, 2009

If I could buy time in a bottle...

On Friday I had a HUGE homework assignment due. Because of this, I stayed at school until midnight on Thursday night, then worked another 2 hours after I got home, then got up at 7 am Friday morning to finish rewriting it so it was all legible, and finished that on the train on the way to school. I probably put about 20 hours into that assignment. That may be a bit above average, but for the sake of argument let's just say that's normal:

We get one assignment a week in that class. So that's 20 hours a week. Plus my TA job is supposed to be 20 hours a week. I also have another class, so there's 20 more hours. I have a one credit discussion class thing that has a lot of homework assignments, papers, projects, etc--we'll say it averages out to 5 hours per week. Then I have seminar/journal club, which is at least 3 hours/week. The actual time I spend in the previously mentioned classes is 8 hours/week. So far this is a grand total of 76 hours a week, so far. I also have to actually study--because, at least in my book, studying and doing homework are completely separate things--for these classes, study for the comps, eat, sleep, go to church, commute, get ready in the mornings, pay taxes, exercise, do laundry, go grocery shopping...

How do I find time to do it all, you ask? What do I do to save time and be more efficient? I brush my teeth in the shower. (I don't think this actually saves any time, actually, but I can stay under the warm water 2 minutes longer, which is nice, especially when the heat in my apartment is spazzing out.) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the long hours spent updating your blog.