Monday, January 28, 2008

JM + Mono = crazy!

Here are some of my favorite conversations for the day...

JM says:
how are you?
Dave says:
meh
JM says:
what does that mean?
Dave says:
it's monday, I'm back at work...
JM says:
oh
JM says:
is it Monday?
JM says:
I've lost all trask of time
Dave says:
I love trasking time
JM says:
me too
JM says:
my schedule has degraded to lying in bed moaning, sleeping when I finally get so tired I can sleep though all the pain/itching/discomfort, eating when I get hungry enough to drag myself out to the kitchen and find some food...
JM says:
sometimes it's light outside when I wake up, sometimes it's dark
JM says:
the passage of actual days has lost most of its meaning
JM says:
this may be my last entry...

*******************

Jan: I'm doing an experiment on my arms
one is the control arm where I do nothing
the other is the test arm
where I apply various creams and lotions to see if any of them make the itching better or worse
aarona: hahaha

******************

I also ranted about how I hate hearing the phrase "mom and baby are doing fine" whenever I get the news that someone's baby was born... it's so over used and rather pointless, since I'm sure if they weren't doing fine, we would be told of that. No offense to anyone who actually says it. I don't hate you or anything. It just seems like something people say when they really don't have anything to say about it... like when they send an email with pictures attaches, and have to write the obligatory few sentences so it's not just an empty email.


This could all be the mono speaking...

Oh, and as for the results of the experiment, Bath and Body Works Country Apple* Body Cream seems to reduce itching on the test arm by about 90%.



*I'm sure other scents would work equally well, but that's the only one I have here... and I brought it from the States considering there is no Bath and Body Works in Denmark. On the other hand, it could be the "natural apple extract" that this one is "infused" with...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Found your blog thru Molly's blog and just wanted to say hi! I am so sorry you have mono....I like your blog and think you are pretty funny...Take care! Valerie

Anonymous said...

Hi! I saw your comment on Molly's blog about you struggling through mono. My husband had mono last year, and he felt much the same as you do. Frustrated, helpless, scared. It was awful. His doctor even suggested he drop out of his last semester of college due to the intense fatigue. Luckily, he didn't take that advice. So, I in-directly sympathize with your struggle. I wish you all the best in your recovery!