Saturday, January 26, 2008

[Insert a pick-up line that has to do with legs here]

These are my legs (and the rest of me, on a boat, on a really pretty lake, but let's focus on the legs here...):


Hi, JM's legs! You're looking very sexy today.

Hi, nice to meet you. Thanks. [[that was the legs speaking]]

These are my legs with a lovely penicillin+mononucleosis induced rash:


Um, go away, legs... stay far, far, away...

No, I'm not contagious, really! I promise!


So, if you haven't picked it up from the context clues, I currently have mono (and I don't know how I got it, so everyone stop asking with winks and smirks). Also, apparently if you are taking penicillin when you get mono, the result is a nice big rash over your entire body that ITCHES LIKE CRAZY. It's not an allergic reaction, so benadryl doesn't help. It's kind of like a drug interaction, but not... like, a virus-drug interaction. Or something. I was taking penicillin for a sinus infection, but the way I feel right now, I wish I still had the sinus infection instead. Picky picky picky... so, now I have to rest a lot and I can't play rough sports for a while because I have to protect my spleen. And, in case you didn't know, when you get mono, the viruses stay in your cells for, oh, the rest of your entire life. So, since I picked it up here in Denmark, I decided it is Danish mono, and now no matter where I go, I will always have a little piece of Denmark with me. Although, I would have rather just bought a keychain...


PS: Since I'm stuck in bed for a while, I'll post some stuff about my fun Christmas trip, and everything else I've been doing around here for an entire month. (My cousin pointed out to me a few days ago that I haven't updated the blog in over a month. I will try to be more dedicated.)

2 comments:

Becky said...

Those are some sexy legs JM! LOL Hope the itching is getting better!! OUCH!

Gravity Fair said...

Okay, seriously? I love you, because you are enduring the same horrible fate as I am. I had the same shit happen to me. First I was taking penicillin for an ear infection. Then, four or five days later? BAM! I got a monstrous sore throat with swollen tonsils, covered in white splotches. A few days later? Oh wait.. What was that, body? You got a rash all over the freakin place???!! Yeah, that's right! A horrible, disgusting, don't-even-want-to-look-at-your-own-self rash!!

The doctors prescribed me some kind of steroids to take for the next week, to get rid of the rash (but not the mono, of course, since there IS no cure for it (And they're not sure it even IS mono yet....)). I took my first dose of it tonight. And you know what the bottle said? "May cause rash or allergic reaction" HA! And GUEEESS what? My freaking rash is WORSE!!!! I really really REALLY hope your mono had better luck than mine is having right now. GOD, someone shoot me and put me out of my misery....

~Betsy