Thursday, September 22, 2011

If I had a million dollars...

The other day I was talking to a friend about all the things we would do if we were suddenly billionaires (I think we were watching a movie about someone that won the lottery or something... I don't remember). After talking about the places we would travel, the stuff we would buy (for other people) and the charitable organizations we would donate money to, I said "you know, I would probably still be doing exactly what I'm doing in my life right now. Except I would have a nicer bike." That's right folks, if I had nearly infinite amounts of money at my disposal, I would still choose to be a *grad student*. What's wrong with me?

But, I would have a nice bike, so it would all be worthwhile. :P

In all seriousness, though, how many people are lucky enough to be doing exactly what they want to do in life? I mean, I'm getting PAID to live in Denmark and do astronomy. I should be paying someone for the privilege of being able to do this! This is awesome.

2 comments:

A Mitton said...

Shoot, I totally would. I'd go get all the degrees I want but can't pay for.

Mark Z. said...

We wouldn't have to eat Kraft dinners!