Thursday, October 2, 2008

Stickers and lunchboxes

So the other day I was in the store with my roommate and we saw some stickers. These were not just any stickers, they were those plastic stickers that are slightly raised (puffy?)--"bumpy stickers" as I called them--with googly eyes. It suddenly reminded me of a time back when I was a small child, with a plastic lunch box (man, those were cool!). During those days it became popular to put stickers on one's lunchbox, and my brothers and I wanted to be cool like all our little peers. Thus, we wanted to get some stickers for our lunchbox, too. I remember explaining to my mom exactly what type of stickers we were looking for and just how important it was that they had googly eyes. :) (Things like this are a big deal to a 4-year old, ok...) A few days later (or maybe it was just one day... or even the same day... my memory fails me here) she produced a sheet of 9 bumpy stickers, and we each got to choose 3 for our lunchboxes! I remember feeling so cool that I had not one, but three bumpy stickers on my lunchbox! That was such a great day in my life! Thanks, mom, for the bumpy stickers!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hey Jan Marie! I tagged you on my blog.. check it out :)

I think tags are lame.. but what the heck.