Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm a smooth one...

First off, to my friend from Canada that found my blog through a Google search for "creams for penicillin mono rash," I totally feel your pain! (Literally, too... I know just what you're going through.) I am so sorry... being in bed for days on end with an itchy rash is enough to drive one insane. Try the Bath and Body Works lotion, though... it really helps. My theory is that part of the problem was that my skin was dry which made the itching worse. Through the worst of it I was putting lotion on my arms like every half hour. Ice packs also work fairly well. And if worse comes to worse, you can always resort to taking a couple of benadryl which will put you to sleep for a while. I did.


Anyway... yesterday I mentioned a dream about Hugh Laurie. This is probably due to the fact that my major pastime while I have been lying in bed all day feeling miserable has been watching episodes of House, MD. I started on Season 1, episode 1, and now I'm up to season 3, episode 5, or something like that. I had better recover soon or I will run out of Houses to watch. Anywho, Mr. Laurie is pretty hot for a 49 year old, and really, what bed-ridden, miserable, and pathetic girl wouldn't want to dream about him? Add to that the fact that in my dream he was much younger-looking, and both of us were much more single. So, just to prove that the mono hasn't done anything to my brain, being the smooth person that I am, the ONE thing I remember saying to him is "You can't kiss me because I have mono!" Nice one, JM... So there you see, it wasn't much of a dream.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi
my friend has mono and strep and rashes

JM said...

Do not kiss this friend! :)

The rashes are nasty, huh.

Anonymous said...

I can think of worse things than watching Hugh Laurie for hours on end. Yowza, he's a nice looking man. Of course, once I realized he was the dad from the Stuart Little movie, I kind of got freaked out. But House is still hot!

Anonymous said...

I was recently misdiagnosed with strep when I really had mono and given amoxicillin. Now I've had this awesome rash for over a week and I just stumbled upon your blog looking for info about it. My rash looks exactly like yours did. How long did it take for yours to go away? I'm getting desperate, I don't want to be seen like this!

JM said...

Hey Ashley!

I'm so sorry... I totally feel your pain. Or rather, I felt your pain and now I'm having flashbacks. :) My rash mostly went away after about 10 days, but there were a few places (mostly on my legs and knees where it was the worst) that it took at least twice that long for the skin to go back to looking normal.

I hope you feel better soon! Mono is miserable.

JM

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for answering my question so quickly. I've been having a lot of trouble finding out how long this takes to go away and it makes me feel better to know that it is probably on its way out (today is day 8 since it appeared and I think it's finally fading). I shouldn't really complain too much, other than being itchy and red I feel fine. Right now I'm putting off calling a couple of guys I might have infected to warn them not to make the same mistake with the antibiotics, lol. Oh well, I probably got it from one of them anyway.