Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Why I love Yepzen

This is another post in my new "Why I love..." series.

Yepzen is awesome, simply put. It seems like we've been friends forever. I still find it hard to believe that we only met a little over a year ago. Wow. Actually we first met online about a year and 7 months ago when I was looking for a place to live in good ol' Copenhagen and I thought maybe he could help me out (by moving out of his place so I could move in there). He turned out to be no help at all in the housing department, due to the fact that he decided not to move (I forgave him about this later, since I realized if he had moved, I never would have met him). :P We chatted a few subsequent times but he didn't really want to give me the time of day. Then, a few months later after I was all settled in, who should come over to my apartment accompanied by a mutual friend, but the J-dawg himself. I didn't immediately draw the connection, but I realized later that night who he was and called him a punk (for blowing me off the first time we "met"... he of course was very regretful of this, having now met me in real life and seeing how gorgeous/charismatic/funny I was). And thus was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Yepzen and I spent many a happy hour watching movies together at his apartment or mine. (And eating pizza. With egg. Yum.) Usually we just ended up talking about anything and everything, and didn't really pay much attention to the movie. Once I just said "we're just going to talk the whole time anyway, why bother putting on a movie at all?" So we didn't. And we had a great time.

We also had some good times playing pool at the CES building, and once we cooked dinner together for all the UV (YSA). That was great fun. Everyone liked our food, too. yay. :)

Yepzen is always willing to help people out, especially me, which makes him awesome in my book. :) He is the best Danish-English translator I know! He voluntarily suffered through many hours of translating for me at FHA (FHE). Sometimes the person talking would switch to English and he would just keep on "translating"--paraphrasing to me what they were saying--for a minute before realizing what he was doing. It was quite hilarious.

Yepzen is always nice to people and he is a great example to me. I admire him a lot. He also teaches seminary which I think is awesome. Yepzen has blond curly hair and the bluest blue eyes I have ever seen. (girls, he's available ;) He doesn't think he's cute, but he totally is. He is also funny. He has a great personality, and he makes me laugh.

I know that if I am ever having a bad day and I need someone to whine to, Yepzen will be there to listen to me (unless, you know, it's like 4 am his time or something... stupid time zone difference). He even bought me a webcam for Christmas so now we can do video chat, which rocks. I am going to see Yepzen in 9 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait.

There are but a handful of people in this world whom I call "best friends." Yepzen is one of them.