Friday, January 23, 2009

Open letter to MBTA

Dear The T,

What is wrong with you?! Why do you persist in making my life miserable by repeatedly making me late to class, dumping me off in the cold to run "express" somewhere, passing me on your merry express way while I stand there freezing, almost driving me to pass out while waiting for you for HALF AN HOUR in the freezing cold after I had just donated blood, etc etc etc. Why why WHY can't you just be ON TIME when I actually need you?

I have some advice for you: if there is a certain time of day when the trains are standing-room-only, and they have to pass waiting passengers because there is no room to pick them up, RUN MORE TRAINS during that time of day. It's really not that difficult. I'm so tired of trying to cram myself into one of the doors and shove my way in far enough that the door will close. Also, what's with the whole stopping at 12:30 am including weekends? Some of us have a night-life, you know. Or maybe we would if staying out past 12:30 wouldn't cause us to be stranded with no way to get home. Seriously.

Maybe more people would ride on you if you weren't so unreliable and frustrating. Perhaps you don't think it's worth it to invest more money into improving yourself, because you don't have that many passengers. But more people might CHOOSE the T over a car if it weren't in general such an all-around miserable experience. The lack of parking in the city is definitely on your side, my friend. Else I'm sure many more people would be driving to work every day. You're not really making yourself into a plesant alternative. I can't even take a bike on the green line for goodness sakes. why...

I'm tired of being forced to rely on you, The T. I'm tired of putting my hopes in you only to have them dashed over and over. I'm tired of being let down by you. Our relationship is rocky at best, and going downhill. You are inconsitent, unreliable, noisy, inconsiderate, and uncaring. I need more out of this relationship than you've been giving me. I now have a bike. As soon as I get my red blinkie light fixed (or buy a new one) your reign of terror in my life will have come to an end. You probably won't even miss me.

Hate,
JM

No comments: