Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Birds, trains, and happenstances...

It sounds like a bird is nesting somewhere above my ceiling. Either that or it could be some type of rodent. I choose to think it's a bird. On the other hand, that could be the source of that occasional skunk smell we've been noticing... :)

Yesterday I was going home from school and I sent my roommate a text message asking "when are you coming home?" Shortly thereafter, I got on the train. It was extremely crowded, but I actually found a place to sit, and sat. Sometime later I noticed she had replied to my message saying "now." I wrote back: "yay! I am still on the train..." As the train approached my stop, it became more and more empty, and suddenly I heard my name being called (rather loudly) from the front part of the train. I looked up, and it was my roommate!!! We had totally been sitting there texting each other when we were literally within earshot. What a crazy random happenstance! It made my whole day.

No comments: